Thursday, January 28, 2010

Tebow Super Bowl Ad Blows a Big Hole in the "Liberal Media" Myth

Re: "Birth Denouncement," from the January 28th edition of the Augusta Chronicle.

A year or two ago the network that had the Super Bowl refused to run an ad from the liberal group, Moveon.org. This year they're allowing an ad from the conservative group, Focus on the Family.

Hey, according to Michael Ryan and all those conservatives out there, I thought the media was supposed to be liberal. This kind of blows a big hole in that theory.

I don't like Focus on the Family, but they have the right to run this silly ad and CBS has the right to show it. It's a silly ad because no one is saying the birth of children isn't a wonderful thing. Everyone knows, however, that conservative groups such as Focus on the Family are hypocrites. They are so against abortion, but once children are born, they support candidates who think poor people's children are the equivalent of stray animals that shouldn't be fed (see my previous blog entry).

Focus on the Family and other conservative Christian groups believe men should be the head of the household and women should be subservient to men. That's exactly what Baptist doctrine teaches--I know, my wife is a member Baptist Church. Of course, I'm agnostic and believe all religions are stupid and archaic.

I can see why women's groups are upset about this.

*********************************************************************************

I listened to Austin Rhodes for about ten minutes two days ago. I wanted to hear some breaking news about a violent shooting involving Richmond County students. As usual, Mr. Rhodes got it all wrong and reported it as gang retaliation between S. Richmond County and Barton Chapel. Nobody involved in the shooting lived anywhere near Barton Chapel. I know where Barton Chapel is...I got mugged there trying to buy pot in 1984.

About ten minutes was all I could stand of his show. After the commercial Mr. Rhodes went on a rant in which he called feminists, "snot-nosed," and then he made reference to Rachel Maddow's lesbian sexual prowess which he admitted probably surpassed his own. What a bore!

This is what goes for conservative intellectual thought (an oxymoron). And to think this obnoxious bore gets good ratings. Doesn't say much for Augusta's intellect either.

No comments:

Post a Comment